Dr. Conrad Murray was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter today in the trial for the 2009 death of Michael Jackson. Murray was remanded to custody without bail and will spend the night in an L.A. County jail. So it seems like you have to actually kill someone to spend more than a couple of hours there. He will be sentenced on Nov. 29 and could face up to four years in prison and lose his medical license.
There were cheers and tears inside and outside of the courthouse. As the verdict was being read, Michael's sister La Toya could be heard letting out a sound of relief. While being swarmed by cameras and reporters she said, "Guess what? He was in the courtroom, and that's why victory was served." She and brother Jermaine both thanked fans and supporters on Twitter. All of them seemed to express that things "weren't over" and perhaps they were going to drag this all out much longer than it needs to be. [Read: Civil lawsuit.]
While pundits and those covering the trial agree that justice was served, the celebrating didn't feel quite right.
I just get so choked up watching and listening to John Mayer's tribute...I really wanted to share it again. The way John simply played his guitar like it was weeping and by not singing and taking the spotlight for himself was so touching and respectful.
Hopefully now with all of this over, Michael can finally rest peacefully.
Written by: Brittani
- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged in Michael Jackson’s Death
- Dr. Conrad Murray plays sympathy card by visiting Michael Jackson
- “I forgot to tell y’all: Michael Jackson killed his own DAMN self!” – Dr. Conrad Murray
- Oh. I’m so shocked. Dr. Conrad Murray admits he gave Michael Jackson the Propofol. Whaaaa? Pssssh.
- Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley: Similar in Life and in Death
- Allie is Wired
- Busy Bee Blogger
- Carter Magna
- Celebrity Dirty Laundry
- Celebrity Smack!
- Celebrity VIP Lounge
- Drunken Stepfather – NSFW
- Ethan Says
- Hollywood Gab
- Hollywood Hiccups
- I Need My Fix
- Poor Britney
- Pop On the Pop
- Really Rich
- Snarky's Machine
- Super Star Gossip – Hilary Shepherd
- The Beauty Shop
- The Daily Accidental
- The Fashion Stop
- The Superficial
- Well Honestly Now
- Wiz Bang Pop
- ZsaZsa Bellagio
As Seen On CNN
Editor in Chief/Founder
Brittani (Contributing Editor) is a 20-something North Carolina native and aspiring writer traveling through life with a martini in one hand and a remote control in the other.
David E. (Contributing Writer) is a laid-back father and proud California resident who loves movies, sports and whatever else manages to pique his curiosity.
Amanda Rae (Contributing Writer) is an outspoken millennial from New Jersey whose friends are tired of listening to her wax poetic about the Kardashians, so she's gonna do it for Dipped in Cream!
Kia K (Contributing Writer) was Brooklyn born and bred before a series of unfortunate events landed her in a colorful, lawless swamp. A gossip monger from the cradle, she is willing to read it, watch it and say it, so you don't have to.
Ana (Contributing Writer) is 29-year-old Miami, Floridian; Psychology student, accidental hipster, lifetime Batman fangirl, part-time parkour enthusiast, and full-time Internet whore.
- Zhanna on Billboard Music Awards 2013, Full Winners List And Best Ball-Busting Performances – PRINCE, Macklemore, Miguel, Bruno, Taylor…
- HEY! Fatface! ‘Anchorman 2′ Official Trailer – Sorta | Dipped In Cream on Kanye West Is NOT A Celebrity, You Guys.
- Diva Julia on Kanye West Is NOT A Celebrity, You Guys.
- jeanbean on Kanye West Is NOT A Celebrity, You Guys.
- jeanbean on In Case You Were Having A Bad Monday, Here’s Kanye West Running Into A Pole